The particulars of its organization, functions and duties
KVK is an institutional project of the ICAR to demonstrate the ‘Application’ of science and technology input of agricultural research and education on the farmers field and in the rural area with the help of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists. It is therefore, also called as a front line transfer of technology or extension system in the country. The emphasis is given to provide critical skills so that the participants may confidently use on their farms to increase agricultural productivity and also become economically self-reliant through gainful self-employment.
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
a) On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
b) Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
c) Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural
d) To work as Knowledge and Resource Center of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and
voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
e) Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers
The powers and duties of its officers and employees
- (S)He is Head of the KVK and look after overall management of the Establishment.
- Keeping the head of the host Institute and Zonal Project Director well informed about the KVK working and seeking his best cooperation.
- Developing the needed infrastructure most consistent to the rural environment and needs of the district – low cost model indeed.
- Developing annual and five yearly programmes and their effective implementation.
- Effective utilization of the staff for maximizing output in terms of training and allied duties.
- Coordinating the Programmes, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
- Review, modify and approve Action Plans of SMS.
- Monitor the activities of Technical staffs.
- Plan and schedule various activities of KVK and furnish details of completed activities to Programme Coordinator in time.
- Conducting village and farmers family survey using PRA tools and critically assessing the technological gaps.
- Identify the gaps and training needs of the farming communities in their respective subjects.
- Planning, formulating and conducting relevant training courses.
- Equipping their sections at KVK premises with appropriate practical training facilities and equipment…
- Developing suitable extension literature in local language in the interest of farmers and in-service extension staff.
- Maintaining farms/animals on commercial lines as the training resources.
- Keeping on evaluating their day-to-day performance in offering effective programmes.
- Selecting practicing farmers and
extension workers and those young farmers who intend to do farming or seek self-employment.
- Organizing field demonstrations and providing advisory services as a follow up measures of the training courses.
- Maintaining professional relationship and functional linkages with the development projects/agencies in their respective fields.
- Providing improved seeds, plants and animals to the local farmers and young entrepreneurs as best as possible or else assisting them to acquire the same from the right sources/agencies.
- Any other duties assigned by the Programme Coordinator.
- Soil, water and plant sampling for the farm, FLDs, OFTs, Project demonstrations, etc.
- Prepare and analyze soil, water and plant samples in laboratory and field.
- Maintenance of software, hardware & all equipment of the soil and water testing laboratory and Agro-Meteorology station of KVK.
- Assisting Programme Coordinator and SMS for all the reporting works to ICAR and host organization.
- Implementation and awareness creation on Soil & water conservation measures, farm mechanization, irrigation systems, rain water harvesting.
- Maintenance & supply of various agriculture tools and implements.
- Any other duties assigned by the Programme Coordinator.
- (S)He will be responsible for maintenance of all the necessary finance, financial records of KVK and keep the same ready for audit.
- (S)He will assist the Programme Coordinator in obtaining various Administrative , Financial Approvals and budgetary control on overall funds.
- (S)He will assist the SMS & Technical staff in day to day routine Administrative and Financial Correspondence.
- (S)He will be responsible for any work assigned to him by the Programme Coordinator. The allotted work shall be completed in given time Limit.
- He will be responsible for driving & maintenance of KVK Four Wheeler Vehicles including tractors and two wheelers and maintenance of Log Books and allied records.
- He will be responsible for technical inspection and maintenance of all KVK vehicles in order.
- He will assist the Assistant in maintenance of Administrative & Financial record in respect of vehicles.
- He will be responsible for any work assigned to him by the Programme Coordinator. The work shall be complied in given time limit.
- (S)He will assist the Programme Coordinator in day to day routine office works.
- (S)He will maintain of office, Inward & Outward movement of correspondence and various office equipment, furniture, etc. neat & tidy.
- (S)He will assist the Assistant in maintenance of Store, Administrative & Financial records.
- (S)He will be responsible for Xeroxing, despatch of letters to post office, bank, ICAR and other organizations.
The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions (As defined by ICAR)
- Planning and conducting surveys of the operational area to inventories and characterize physical and human resources with special reference to identifying the technological gaps and training needs of the farming community.
- Planning various need based activities to overcome the problems.
- Process mapping of various activities.
- Implementation of trainings based on 7 steps cycle.
- Developing and maintaining the campus farms and demonstration units in scientific manner.
•The Scientific Advisory Committee
A Scientific Advisory Committee is constituted in this KVK. This committee comprises a cross-section of both official and non-official members including a representative of the ICAR. This committee meets twice in a year and devotes maximum time in reviewing the progress and finalizing the future strategy of the training and follow-up extension activities. This also provides a strong mechanism for functional linkages with mother organization.
The Scientific Advisory Committee meetings are conducted to get necessary guidance and support to carry out the mandated activities of KVK in a more planned and scientific manner. The composition of the Committee is furnished herewith.
Minutes are accessible to the public on demand.
The names, designations andother particulars of the Public Information Officers
- Mr. Kamalakar D. Ambekar,First Apealing officer & Project head , Deendayal Research Institute, Beed
- Dr Saurabh Sharma, Public Information Officer and Head & Sr. Scientist, KVK, Ambajogai, Dist. Beed.