The particulars of its organization, functions and duties
KVK is an institutional project of the ICAR to demonstrate the ‘Application’ of science and technology input of agricultural research and education on the farmers field and in the rural area with the help of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists. It is therefore, also called as a front line transfer of technology or extension system in the country. The emphasis is given to provide critical skills so that the participants may confidently use on their farms to increase agricultural productivity and also become economically self-reliant through gainful self-employment.
The powers and duties of its officers and employees
- (S)He is Head of the KVK and look after overall management of the Establishment.
- Keeping the head of the host Institute and Zonal Project Director well informed about the KVK working and seeking his best cooperation.
- Developing the needed infrastructure most consistent to the rural environment and needs of the district – low cost model indeed.
- Developing annual and five yearly programmes and their effective implementation.
- Effective utilization of the staff for maximizing output in terms of training and allied duties.
- Coordinating the Programmes, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, etc.
- Review, modify and approve Action Plans of SMS.
- Monitor the activities of Technical staffs.
The norms set by it for the discharge of its functions (As defined by ICAR)
- Planning and conducting surveys of the operational area to inventories and characterize physical and human resources with special reference to identifying the technological gaps and training needs of the farming community.
- Planning various need based activities to overcome the problems.
- Process mapping of various activities.
- Implementation of trainings based on 7 steps cycle.
- Developing and maintaining the campus farms and demonstration units in scientific manner.
•The Scientific Advisory Committee
A Scientific Advisory Committee is constituted in this KVK. This committee comprises a cross-section of both official and non-official members including a representative of the ICAR. This committee meets twice in a year and devotes maximum time in reviewing the progress and finalizing the future strategy of the training and follow-up extension activities. This also provides a strong mechanism for functional linkages with mother organization.
The Scientific Advisory Committee meetings are conducted to get necessary guidance and support to carry out the mandated activities of KVK in a more planned and scientific manner. The composition of the Committee is furnished herewith.
Minutes are accessible to the public on demand.
The names, designations andother particulars of the Public Information Officers
- Dr. Upendra Kulkarni, First Appealing officer & Project head , Deendayal Research Institute, Beed
- Dr. Vasant Deshmukh, Public Information Officer and Sr. Scientist & Head, KVK, Ambajogai, Dist. Beed.