Welcome To Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Beed-I
The KVK has excelled in bringing the modern technological packages at the farmers doorstep with the help of various instructional units.The KVK today has sufficient resources to impart training skills for not only the farmers but also the rural youth. The training schedule typically incorporates the existing needs and problems of the farmers for making a positive impact. The trainings are conducted both at the on-campus and off-campus locations. It invariably emphasizes on providing both the short term as well as long durational courses specifically to impart practical orientation to these courses.
Deendayal Research Institute, Krishi Vigyan Kendra has established enviable record of quality & accomplishment in last two and half decades. KVK is well positioned to build upon this proud legacy and is poised to take advantage of the opportunity to innovate and bring unique perspective to all our activities. Our inspiration comes from the luminaries of society, education and research both from India and abroad. KVK aspires to attain admirable place among well known agricultural institutions of India. Certainly, we will be at the forefront of knowledge dissemination, with the highest quality research and extension to deliver our programs. We also place equal emphasis on research and knowledge creation which will attract young and energetic rural youth whose curiosity and skill will spearhead this objective. .KVK is committed to nurturing youth and entrepreneurs who will empower their organizations in the emerging economy. At the same time the KVK remains deeply rooted to the region and the nation. An underlying priority is to instill a sense of commitment as managers to have a socially responsible impact in our farmers. We will also sensitize them about this challenging task. We will take every needful step to expend their knowledge to give them an understanding of how difficult and challenging this often can be; and to expand their knowledge and their intellectual horizons so they emerge transformed and prepared to have an impact on the world of business and society at large.
Aims & Objectives of Host Institute
- To increasing the yield of crop, milk fruits and vegetables of farmers up to 25-30% with available natural resources.
- Training of Rural youths for income generation through various activities.
- Emphasis on sustainable agriculture (Organic Agriculture)
- Subsistence forming through 1, 1.5 and 2.5 acre model as a profitable one.
- Preparation of village wise soil health card of adopted villages.
- To increase socio-economic status of the farmers through front line demonstrations.
- To increase the productivity of live stocks through breed improvement.
- Women empowerment through various activities.
Mandates & Activities of KVK
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development.
- To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK.
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers
ON FARM TRAIL
FRONT LINE DEMONSTRATIONS